The World's Second Shortest Eclipse of the 21st century

A big hello to all my dear readers. Hope all are staying safe and healthy in your homes. The whole situation of our country is totally devastating. Even though the world is facing a dark period, some miracles and happy events bring a little light to the current scenario. This happening is one such.Bridging Science and Spirituality…. – digitalbuddhaapps

Before explaining the title, let me tell you my love for space. Astronomy is something that is simply wonderful and mesmerizing to read and experience. Space is never the same. It keeps changing from time to time. This constant variation is what made me like it so much. Every event that happens in that crazy yet magnificent atmosphere makes a great impact on each one of us. From a 5-year-old to a 50-year-old, every human perceives it in his/her own way. This is the magic of space. Here is a video showing where this all begun.


Now coming to this happening. You may be wondering why I chose this. Though this is only for 
one day, it is a marvel which I wanted to share and talk about. I would like to use this blog to make each one understand this phenomenon and also try to list out a few significant features to make it more interesting.

WHAT IS AN ECLIPSE?

Firstly before briefing you about this glorious happening, I feel it would be right if I remind you about what an eclipse actually is.

An eclipse takes place when one heavenly body such as a moon or planet moves into the shadow of another heavenly body. There are two types of eclipses on Earth: an eclipse of the moon and an eclipse of the sun.

   How to Photograph a Lunar Eclipse - Dhavalilama

The 2nd shortest eclipse of the 21st century or the 1st of this year is a Lunar EclipseThis occurrence will take place on 26th May 2021. This is the first total lunar eclipse since the January 2019 lunar eclipse. It will be visible in areas of Southeast Asia, all of Australia, all of Oceania, most of Alaska and Canada, most of the USA, all of Hawaii, all of Mexico and Central America, and most of South America. Having said that this event will be visible in many parts of the world, this sadly will not be seen in India. But I think that’s okay because, through technology, we can look at this sublime event on our own television screens!    

       Family Watching Tv Stock Illustrations – 931 Family Watching Tv Stock  Illustrations, Vectors & Clipart - Dreamstime

SOME FACTS FOR EXTRA KNOWLEDGE!

Along with all this, let me interest you with some surprising facts.

    • This whole spectacle will last only for 14 minutes and 30 seconds, something that is indeed really short.
    • In this event one can see a blood moon - A "blood moon" happens when Earth's moon is in a total lunar
    • eclipse. While it has no special astronomical significance, the view in the sky is striking as the usually whitish moon becomes red or ruddy-brown.
    • In these 14 minutes, from our country, we can see the moon (through TV) for just 5 minutes.
    • If this is not enough, I have one more that will blow your mind. Since this happening is a Lunar eclipse, according to astronomers, can bring about some changes in our emotions and allow us to be more clear.

WOW! Even I am pleasantly surprised to know all this. I think you too would feel the same. I could write on, but you know, I would like to restrict myself.

This, I guess, can lift your mood at least a bit. Do let me know in the comments below what more could have been included or what questions have to be answered. Expecting your replies. Until next time, 

Bye folks!


Comments

Post a Comment